This is the 2.12 release version. It includes several new programs, reorganization of the workflow, and a wide range of small bugfixes.
EMAN2.1 is a complete single particle reconstruction and subtomogram averaging software suite written in C++/Python. It also includes many utility capabilities for general purpose greyscale image processing.
- New subtomogram averaging programs, and a new alignment routine which is orders of magnitude faster than the old routine for large volumes.
- The return of the --usefilt feature from EMAN1. The new option is --inputavg, and permits using one set of particles for alignment, and a separate set (perhaps with lower dose in movie-mode imaging) for reconstruction.
- New e2refine_split program which will split a heterogeneous single map reconstruction into 2 submaps, identifying the largest heterogeneity present. A quick supplement to e2refinemulti.
- e2initialmodel_hisym for high symmetry (icos,tet,cubic) initial model generation.
- reorganization of the workflow and addition of many previously command-line only programs
- direct support for MRCS 4-bit PACK mode in both of its forms
- improvements to e2refine_easy heuristics for slight improvements to reconstruction quality