This is a new feature and bugfix release for EMAN2.1. It adds a number of experimental new features and corrects a number of minor, but annoying, bugs in the 2.1 release version.
PLEASE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WIKI:
(scroll down to the bottom of this page for the actual downloads)
As a reminder, EMAN2.1 has changed substantially from EMAN2.0:
- No more annoying BDB storage, simple image files with human readable metadata files
- Gold-standard refinements
- Interconversion with Relion, Frealign, CTFFIND and other software
- All new file browser with integrated 3D multimodel multimode display, image viewer and plotting
- Support for 25+ different file formats, including all of the major detector formats
- Subtomogram averaging, tilt validation, random conical tilt, and other new methods
- Linux - if you get an error about Qt version conflicts, try removing EMAN2/extlib/lib/libQt*
- Mac - Note that you MUST have 10.7 (Lion) or newer, and your environment must be configured to use the system-provided python interpreter
- Windows - The 32 bit version will work fine on 64 bit Windows, with some memory limitations for very large files.
- e2refinevariance working again
- Work with downsampled particles in the same project as the originals to combmine speed with final high resolution refinement
- e2proc3d on stacks of volumes now uses much less RAM and is much faster
- New subtomogram alignment options with improved speed particularly for large particles
- Experimental per-particle CTF correction for subtomogram averaging
- MRC particle stacks can now be read by any program directly as a stack of particles (must use .mrcs extension)
- Minor resolution improvement in single particle reconstruction do to improvement in reconstruction algorithm
- e2proc2d and e2proc3d options to select exact data output --mode for all formats (float, int, byte, etc.)
- Updated support for FEI SER format
- Support for EMX data exchange format
- Support for CTFFIND parameter import
- Initial support for display of atoms in 3-D
- New e2proclst program for creating and manipulating .lst files
- Improved whole image CTF fitting in e2evalimage
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused some very high resolution noise to appear in 3-D reconstructions
- Fixed problem causing strange edge effects to sometimes appear in unmasked reconstructions
- Fixed a bug causing strange edge effects and poor centering in some 2-D class-averages.
- Fixed a problem with marking bad particles manually.
- Some fixes for CTF correction with astigmatism
- New eman2.py program to reduce new user confusion