EMAN 2.05 Release Date
This version includes some significant bug fixes, and a few new features. It is a highly recommended upgrade for all users.
The EMAN2 binary and source downloads also include SPARX !
Please follow the installation instructions at: http://blake.bcm.edu/emanwiki/EMAN2/Install
Documentation is provided through the EMAN2 Wiki
- Windows users - Please note that while we do our best to periodically test the windows release to make sure it's still functioning, it is far less well-tested than the linux/Mac releases. Please report any problems you encounter.
- Mac users, we do not support 10.5 since there are a number of issues with OS provided dependencies not working as they should. The 10.7 version will also work on 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
- Linux users
- Linux x86 is for 32 bit Linux. Linux x86_64 is for 64 bit Linux. use command 'uname -i' to determine whether your Linux is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- The GCC4 binaries provide a significant performance boost, but require glibc version at least 2.5. You can check your system's glibc version by using command '/sbin/ldconfig -V'.
- Warning: The fftw cache is disabled for the non-GCC4 version due to a segfault on some image sizes. This makes it much slower than the GCC4 version. We strongly suggest using a Linux distribution new enough to support GCC4.
- If you see the following error message when your run EMAN2 GUI program, please remove the Qt libraries (rm -rf libQt*.so) from your EMAN2/lib directory: "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x407**) with this library. (version 0x40703)"
- For Ubuntu user, when you run a GUI program like e2workflow.py, if you see error messages like "Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_style_get: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed", please install and run qtconfig-qt4, and set the GUI style to motif.
- Fixed the problem with the "unable to allocate Mutex" which could impact projects meeting certain criteria. If you still encounter this error, please report it.
- New "gold standard" resolution test: e2refine_evenodd.py. Expensive, but not subject to noise-bias.
- Drag/drop curves between 2-D plotting windows
- Preview version of replacement for e2workflow.py: e2projectmanager.py. Not yet 100% but far less reliant on the database system.
- New file browser and new 3-D display widget available through e2projectmanager.py (folder button)
- Many minor bugfixes